TimerX is an universal timer utility with multiple functionalities.
reminds you to take care for your health when you're working with computer
tea timers with independent steeping and cooling times
universal two-step timers (for cooking etc.)
predefine your favorite timers
message alerts and repeatable sounds
configurable display modes and alert sounds
supports system notification center
prevents computer from sleep with active timers
clean and minimalist interface
runs silently in menu bar
low system overhead
power optimized for OS X Mavericks
➔ How to stop a running timer?
Select timer from menu again (running timer have red dot before name).
➔ How to delete timer or tea?
Simply clear timer name (or tea name) in program's preferences and close the window.
➔ How to play other than system sounds?
Copy sound files to your ~/Library/Sounds folder. Sounds must be in AIFF, WAV, MP3 or M4A format.
1. download free sound effects in .wav format (from http://soundbible.com, for example)
2. from Finder open ~Library folder (hold Option/Alt and open menu Go -> Library)
3. locate (or create) folder Sounds here
4. move downloaded sounds to this folder
5. restart TimerX (or restart Mac), and select new sounds in TimerX Preferences.
➔ How to pause running timer for a while?
Simply open menu and stay here. If you close it, timer will continue.